- This event has passed.
St. John’s Day Celebration
June 23, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm EDT
There will be Special Communications of the Grand Lodge of New Hampshire, F&AM, on Sunday, June 23, 2019 to honor Saint John’s Day. The Grand Master, MWKenneth A. Clay, Jr., will declare the Grand Lodge of New Hampshire, F&AM, and all Lodges in New Hampshire open at 8:30 AM.
RINDGE: The purpose of the Special Communication in Rindge will be to attend the 70th Annual Saint John’s Day Service at the Cathedral of the Pines, 10 Hale Hill Rd., Rindge, NH.
- Church service at 10:00 AM. Ending time is approximate and depends on the flow of the service and speaker.
- Charity Lodge No. 18 will be hosting a breakfast and it’s on your way to the Cathedral of the Pines and they hope you can stop and enjoy between 8:30 and 10:00 A.M., cost $8.00 per adult and $5.00 for children younger than 13 years. Charity Lodge No. 18 is at 40 Charlonne St., Jaffrey, NH.
PORTSMOUTH: The purpose of the Special Communication in Portsmouth will be to march to and attend the Sunday services at St. John’s Episcopal Church, an old tradition of St John’s Lodge No. 1 of Portsmouth, in which the Grand Lodge of New Hampshire has been participating.
- Brethren should assemble at the William Pitt Tavern, 416 Court Street, Portsmouth, NH, at 8:30 A.M. for coffee and doughnuts.
- The march to the church will commence at 9:30 A.M., and the service will be at 10:00 A.M.
- The Grand Master will declare Grand Lodge and the Constituent Lodges closed at noon.
Dress for either event for Grand Lodge Line Officers will be morning suit with full regalia; for Grand Lodge Officers, black tuxedo with regalia; for Lodge Officers, tuxedo or dark suit with regalia; and for members, a dark suit.
It is hoped that all Constituent Lodges will attend one of these Special Communications. As above, the Grand Master will declare all Lodges open and no Dispensation is required to attend a church service as a Lodge.